[LinuxPPS] ldattach + Debian Lenny - Epilogue

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 9 16:41:38 CEST 2009

Felix Joussein wrote:
> Hi Rodolfo, hi Udo,
>
> here is the output of /proc/interrupts:

Yes, but does the interrupt count for that serial port increase after
starting ldattach, ntpd?

> Regarding the debugging option: it is enabled, but nor in syslog or in
> dmesg any debugging messages are produced.

(...)
> Regarding timex.h:
>
> I don't have a timex.h containing a line
> #define SHIFT_PPL foo
>

> Any idea?

Time to upgrade? (I'll have to check for myself here)

> Rodolfo Giometti schrieb:

>>> The sync time might be due to bad parameter in the kernel, patch was
>>> discussed on this list. Maybe 2.6.30? (anyone?)

>> After doing ldattach can you see serial interrupts? Please, enable
>> debugging messages and check file /proc/interrupts in order to see if
>> serial interrupts are arriving.

I do see serial interrupts (irq4, ttyS0, COM1, etc).
But no assert/clear increase as soon as ntpd starts. (!!!)
So what is happening? ppsldisc works OK. ldattach has the bad behaviour.

Udo