[LinuxPPS] Peerstats Status

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Fri Jun 26 20:10:57 CEST 2009

> On 2009-06-26 18:08, Andrew Hills wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Where can I find information on the meaning of the "status" column of
> > NTP's peerstats file for my Oncore (127.127.30.0)? It definitely doesn't
> > match the status bytes in the received @@Ha message. (I'm getting
> > primarily 96f4, whereas the Oncore status is 8401.)
>
> Maybe start at http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Main/WebHome ?
> Did you check http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/index.html ?
>
> Those are the sources of ntp wisdom...

Actually, if you look in the HTML, at the monopt file
you will see a breakdown of this line.  In a comment below
the table it says:

    The status field is encoded in hex format as described in Appendix B of
the NTP specification RFC 1305.

There is a table on page 56 of that document showing formats for
System/Peer/Radio/Error status and a description of the fields.