[LinuxPPS] status of 2.6.29 & pps

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed May 6 07:10:28 CEST 2009

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> And, maybe as linuxpps did before, I now see that there is pps (assert
> and clear numbers) but ntpd says no pps. This happened after a short
> while of running without abnormalities.
> How can we debug this?

BTW: also nut started complaining every 10 minutes or so about the UPS
going away. This is also on a serial line, as is the gps.
I get stuff like:
Broadcast message from nut (Wed May  6 07:07:50 2009):

Communications with UPS myups at localhost lost

Broadcast message from nut (Wed May  6 07:07:59 2009):

Communications with UPS myups at localhost established

But the retry, after a poll interval timeout (9 seconds), is OK. So why
did the initial poll fail? Interrupt work?
How to fix?

Where is Rodolpho?
Alan?

Kind regards,