[LinuxPPS] convergence patch

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu May 7 18:57:22 CEST 2009

Udo van den Heuvel skrev:
> Bernhard Schiffner wrote:
>> Simple changes take longer.
>> I asked the convergence behavior too and didn't get a real response.
>> (here and lkml)
>
> So we can saffly apply this patch as long as it's not in the main kernel?
>
>> No idea wat's on with Rodolfo. :-(
>
> Maybe he can explain?
>
> UDO
>
> PS: What about the sys/timex.h (glibc) changes needed for nano? Does
> anybody know if they 'landed' with the maintainer?

I was just recalling this issue too. On the other hand one should maybe
ask the question if it is reasnoble that the linux-kernel and glibc
should require coordination like that. Wouldn't it be a better solution
to adjust the kernel timex.h such that glibc timex.h can wrap it with a
suitable #define such that copy-n-paste issues can be avoided?
This way would the actual definitions be in the linux kernel tree and
only conveyed thru to user-space programmers.
The glibc would then only need to supply the call wrappers and they
would require updates more rarely.

Cheers,
Magnus