[LinuxPPS] glibc STA_NANO fixes are now in glibc git

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Sat May 9 08:17:48 CEST 2009

On Friday 08 May 2009 09:58:30 pm Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Hal V. Engel wrote:
> > The bug report has been closed as resolved and says that the changes went
> > in April 21.  I had a look at glibc git and the STA_NANO changes are in
> > sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sys/timex.h.  This should appear in new releases
> > of glibc at some point down the road.
>
> Good news!
> Andrew posted on linux-kernel in response to my status question. He
> remembers not much, he mentions the header file split (pps.h and
> pps_kernel.h) and a resubmit.
> I did a quick header file split. Is easy and works well.

The other issue I remember was that ppstest and ppldisc needed to be moved to
util-linux.  Has anyone created a patch set for that?

> Udo

Bernhard put the author of the kernel convergence patch in touch with me since
it appears that I was the first person to actually test the patch.  It appears
that he is one of the people who works on the time related code in the kernel
and was one of those that worked on the nanosecond modifications that went
into 2.6.26.  He wanted more info about my results with the convergence patch.
BTW all good so far.

I invited him to join us here since at some point soon (maybe) the LinuxPPS
patch set will be part of the kernel and it is directly related to the code he
helps maintain.  I don't know if he will join us but I think it is good that
we have him as a contact since he may be able to help move kernel inclusion
forward.

Hal