[LinuxPPS] Report on linuxPPS.

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Mon Oct 26 18:35:14 CET 2009

Just a quick update.
(Sorry about the spelling error in the previous subject line,
    Reoirt indeed.... just one key too far to the left...)

In any case, as suggested, I updated from the patch

        ntp-pps-2.6.31-rc1

which is in the patches area
        ntp-pps-v2.6.31.diff

which is at

        http://ftp.enneenne.com/pub/misc/linuxpps/patches/tests/ntp-pps-v2.6.31
.diff

and

	linux-2.6.31.5 in both cases.

both seem to work fine, as noted I see interrupts on both ASSERT and CLEAR
when only ASSERT are asked for.  This works fine with the ONCORE driver,
It complains about every extra event, but it might be enough to cause
problems with other drivers, if both events are passed on to the upper
levels of the software.

With the change in SHIFT_PLL from 4 -> 2 in this kernel, there seems to be a
LARGE excursion of the offset when ntp starts.  Even starting with only a few
tens of ms of offset, it goes up thru a few hundred before settling down
(Hz = 1000).  I havent had a chance to pull out my PLOT routines yet to see
what actually is happening,- mabe later today.

Other than that, great.
Still waiting for someone to to tell me what I have to do to actually get
nano-second timing.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com