[LinuxPPS] PPS support in chrony

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Thu Oct 29 13:09:19 CET 2009

Hi,

there was recently included a patch for PPS support in chrony
development. I'd be very interested in hearing how does it work for
you.

The code is available here:
git://git.tuxfamily.org/gitroot/chrony/chrony.git

In my tests with GPS-18x LVC and gpsd, chrony.conf looks like this:

refclock SHM 0 offset 0.5 delay 0.4
refclock SHM 1 delay 2e-4
refclock PPS /dev/pps0

It should be able to use also NTP sources as a reference, if you
don't want to run gpsd.

I'd be especially interested in tests with a GPS-18 5Hz (or any
PPS with > 1 Hz output). To use it correctly, the PPS command should
have:

dpoll -3 rate 5

All options are documented in the chrony info file.

Thanks,

--
Miroslav Lichvar