[LinuxPPS] two questions

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Thu Sep 10 20:00:36 CEST 2009

OK, good show on finally getting (part) of the PPS implementation
into the kernel sources.

BUT:

(1) Without any of the client (that is serial pps) code this is useless
other than being a nice placeholder.  How do we proceed? Is there going
to be a patch to make the 2.6.31 code useful, or do we need to strip
the appropriate routines from somewhere?

(2) Is this code the 5.3.5 code mentioned last week, or are we already
out of date?

Id like to test this stuff, but dont know how.
Perhaps with 2.6.31 actually in place, we can now get a patch to
    (a) update the code
    (b) add the serial code back in.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens