[LinuxPPS] two questions

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Fri Sep 11 09:06:06 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 08:22:08PM +0200, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> On 2009-09-10 20:00, clemens at dwf.com wrote:
> > Perhaps with 2.6.31 actually in place, we can now get a patch to
> >     (a) update the code
> >     (b) add the serial code back in.
>
> I do think this^^ must be done.
> Either by Rodolfo or by us.

Serial support is the next step to do, but I'm very busy with other
(paid :) jobs and I can work on LinuxPPS stuff during spare time
only. :'(

I'm currently working on a new patchset against latest kernel version
and I'm trying to talk with Alan Cox about serial support since he
still not convinced on my proposal.

> 2.6.31 has had some updates, see the changes document.
> See linux-kernel for stuff we might have missed.
>
> Check out Rodolfo's git for the latest serial stuff?

Not yet, I have to rework my code before publishing it on my git
repository.

> If we have a patch for taht we can give 2.6.31 a go and update the wiki,
> etc.

As soon as I published the new patchset the wiki should be
updated. I'll write to you about it for help. :)

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail: giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                          giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:  +39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:  rodolfo.giometti
Freelance ICT Italia - Consulente ICT Italia - www.consulenti-ict.it