[LinuxPPS] So far, so good

Paul paul at lavender-fam.net
Mon Aug 9 08:54:58 CEST 2010

As the title suggests I am making encouraging progress with my Oncore
synchronised server. However I have a couple of questions.

1. I am using the 'site survey' mode as I do not know my accurate
position. I gather that greater accuracy is obtained by setting the site
position. Does the oncore output somewhere where it thinks it is? I
can't find it in the logs, but of course I may not be understanding what
I see.

2. I see frequent reference to nanosecond accuracy. How are you
measuring this? Do you need a special kernel, or a vanilla kernel with
different compiled options, or even non-standard hardware?

Thanks

Paul