[LinuxPPS] So far, so good

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Mon Aug 9 17:22:30 CEST 2010

> On Sunday 08 August 2010 11:54:58 pm Paul wrote:
> > As the title suggests I am making encouraging progress with my Oncore
> > synchronised server. However I have a couple of questions.
> >
> > 1. I am using the 'site survey' mode as I do not know my accurate
> > position. I gather that greater accuracy is obtained by setting the site
> > position. Does the oncore output somewhere where it thinks it is? I
> > can't find it in the logs, but of course I may not be understanding what
> > I see.

If you ask for a site survey, the ONCORE driver will average the next 10000
positions, taken at 1s intervals, which takes about 3hours.

It puts the result in the clockstats file (I accumulate this in /var/log/ntpstats/clockstats)
and in the messages log, with log-level LOG_NOTICE.  The default is for messages with
log-level of LOG_NOTICE and above to get logged, so the messages should be there too.

In either case, grep for the string 'ONCORE_SS_DONE' .  That will be followed by a message that
says 'Surveyed posn:'  and the position as lat/lon/ht.

Good luck.
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com