[LinuxPPS] synchronizing Ubuntu 10.10

Markus Laner mlaner at nt.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Dec 14 14:40:07 CET 2010

Hello,

lately I put some effort in synchronizing a pc running Ubuntu 10.10
(kernel 2.6.35).
Almost everything worked out of the box, thanks to the linuxpps project,
but I experienced two problems:
  - finding ntp-4.2.6p2 patches
  - speeding up convergence to UTC at startup

so I wrote some code to overcome these problems:
  - a ntp refclock driver
  - an application replacing ntp, providing much faster convergence
  - respective howtos for setting up a system in 5min

if someone is intrested in you can find it at
https://www.nt.tuwien.ac.at/downloads/?key=jkROyGTFB5cUCXpaM7BuCFdSOmZb8QY8
or https://www.nt.tuwien.ac.at/downloads/featured-downloads
feel free to provide it on your website if you find it useful.

best,
markus laner