[LinuxPPS] Ultimate time server

Paul Lavender paul at lavender-fam.net
Tue Dec 28 14:24:25 CET 2010

I have a (very) ongoing project to make a 'state of the art' time
server. Currently my pps (from gps) server does everything - firewall,
file server, email server etc. etc. etc.

I intend to use one one of the used Rubidium clocks from ebay, to
synchronise a dedicated time server, possibly a low powered ITX board.

Your comments would be appreciated, particularly with regard to the time
server. I have seen frequent discussion regarding stability of the on
board crystal. Has anybody replaced the crystal with a higher stability
device, such as a temperature compensated crystal, or even better
something derived from the Rubidium maser?