[LinuxPPS] Ultimate time server

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 29 11:58:23 CET 2010

On 2010-12-29 10:55, Javier Herrero wrote:
> El 29/12/2010 10:45, Udo van den Heuvel escribió:
>>
>> http://www.kuhne-electronic.de/en/products/crystal-heater/qh-40-a.html ?
>>
>> If indeed this is the most ideal situation when we restrict the scope to
>> easy, simple, PnP crystal heating I can order a few...
>> So please confirm.
>>
> The only problem is that you will usually no longer found an HC-49/U
> cristal in your motherboard.

I have HC49S on my Epia LT ITX.
So we can solder a small piece of copper sheet to make the crystal
longer. Heat can then dissipate into the copper towards the crystal.
I even saw one example of the QH40A shrinktubed to an OCXO-like housing
(block-shape).

I'll try to figure out how I can order digitally. (faxing an order is so
1998...)

Udo

PS: would the QH40A also help the clock of my HiFi-gear?