[LinuxPPS] do we need hardpps?

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Sat Feb 6 16:28:18 CET 2010

On Sat, Feb 06, 2010 at 04:57:57PM +0300, Alexander Gordeev wrote:

> > So maybe I should build 2.6.33 soon with Rodolfo's and your latest
> > patches to see how well it works?
> > Does Rodolfo have a 2.6.33-rc6+ patch? (or does the 2.6.32-rc patch
> > still work in 2.6.33?)
>
> Actually there are several versions of my patchset, they are all in my
> git repository (note that the repository is huge):
> http://lvk.cs.msu.su/~lasaine/timesync/linux-2.6-timesync.git
>
> If you don't want to clone the whole repo, just use the published
> patches. They are tested against vanilla 2.6.32.7 kernel. You don't
> have to apply Rodolfo's patches. In fact, they will be conflicting. If
> you want to apply both patchsets, you can find a suitable version in my
> repo.

Maybe we can collaborate and having just one «main» repo where peolple
may get the whole code? :)

Currently I'm still stuck into another projects but if you provide
patches against latest PPS release on my repo and/or patches to the
LKML in order to finish the PPS inclusion I can review them and trying
to push them into main line.

We should do the following steps:

1) Add clients support.

   I suppose using your parallel client can allow us to easily add
   this support.

2) Add serial support.

   I have to modify serial code as asked by Alan and then everything
   should goes well.

3) Add hardpps support.

   This can be done separately from the other steps.

3) Other minor patches...

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail: giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                          giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:  +39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:  rodolfo.giometti
Freelance ICT Italia - Consulente ICT Italia - www.consulenti-ict.it