[LinuxPPS] LinuxPPS new functionalities

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Fri Feb 19 00:43:13 CET 2010

> > On 2010-02-14 11:47, Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
> > > here the patchset to add the LinuxPPS clients support (expecially the
> > > serial support).
> >
> > Can you please comment on how well this patchset works w.r.t. opening
> > the serial port with ppsldisc and/or ldattach and ntpd seeing pps or not?
> >
> > I.e.: does ldattach work well? (any issues?)
> > If not: does ppsldisc work better? (any issues?)
> >
> > Please post.
> >
> I am using ppsldisc, and am having no problems at all on 4machines 32/64bit.
> As such, Ive had no reason to try ldattach.
> --

Interesting.
I tried ldattach from F11, and it does not recognize PPS, tho the one
in F12 does (I only run F12 intermittently on a test basis).

Once the patched version actually is in the system libraries, I will agree with
the above,- till then its 6 of one, half dozen of the other...

Mabe I should just copy the F12 version into F11.  Hummm.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com