[LinuxPPS] NTP and linuxPPS version for Suse 11.2

christophe taffoureau christophe.taffoureau at obs-nancay.fr
Mon Jan 4 12:36:49 CET 2010

I installed openSuse version 11.2. (32 bits - kernel 2.6.31.5)
My hardware time devices are a rubidium and a Motorola Oncore GPS receiver.
My application is triggered by the pps signal and the system time is
synchronised by ntp.
Which ntp versions have I to use with this OS ? I've seen linuxPPS patch
for this kernel version. Is it needed and which version?
The LinuxPPS has been (partially) merged into Linux source tree. Is it
necessary to follow all the instructions in the "LinuxPPS Installation"
in enneenne wiki?

Thanks,

Christophe