[LinuxPPS] Failure to sync with ASUS ATK0110 kernel module loaded

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Sat Jul 3 02:57:50 CEST 2010

After upgrading to the 2.6.34 kernel and getting ntp working with my Oncore I
noticed that lm_sensors was no longer giving me much in the way of
temperature, voltage or fan RPM data.  After doing a littel looking around I
found that changes had been made to the kernel that would prevent the hardware
monitoring modules to if the mother board had ACPI monitoring.  Since my ASUS
motherboard was one of these the info on the net recommended that the ASUS
ATK0110 module be built into the kernel.

After doing this lm_sensors started working as expected but NTP would no
longer sync and time keeping was basically broken.  Backing this module out
fixed time keeping but lm_sensors is broken again.  Has anyone else seen this?
I guess that I should probably open a bug report at kernel.org.

Hal