[LinuxPPS] time compensation

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Wed Jun 2 00:16:32 CEST 2010

> Hello,
>
> If I am running my gps18lvc via the ttyS0 of an Epia LT 10000 with
> LinuxPPS, what delay (cable, irq, etc) do I compensate for?

Well, there are several things that you need to compensate for, but they
are all smaller than the 1us or so error you can expect in ntp syncing to the
pps signal.

The important thing/place is your antenna, this is where the signals from the
various satellites are combined.  So, if you look up the specs for your cable
you will find a velocity factor of mabe 75-80% that of light speed (Im guessing).