[LinuxPPS] kernel 2.6.34, CONFIG_NO_HZ and Vita-patch

Remco dB besten at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 12:08:38 CEST 2010

All,

I got lost in the thread concerning pps_kcbind and the patches (over
patches?).

Currently I observe the best performance I've had on my (thermostatised)
linuxpps system concerning accurancy and temperature dependancy.

With 2.6.34, CONFIG_NO_HZ and the Vita-patch (I'm not sure whether this patch
makes a significant difference and/or contribution, because my understanding
is that this patch was applicable to the kernel consumer pps_kcbind-verhicle,
which I was not able to compile) my system is within approx. +/- 2 us 'on
track': http    remco.org/ntp/helium-ntp-offset.png

Remco