[LinuxPPS] LinuxPPS/Funtoo (Gentoo derivative)

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Wed Mar 17 00:34:58 CET 2010

> Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> > On 2010-03-16 19:37, Andrew D Kirch wrote:
> >
> >> ldattach: cannot set line discipline: Invalid argument

<snip>

> I thought I was clear here, and apologize if I wasn't, the kernel
> version is the current git kernel for LinuxPPS 2.6.32-r9, checked out
> yesterday.  I followed the directions in entirety including the git
> kernel, the git pps, etc, up to the ldattach which failed.

OK, the problem is with your ldattach.
The one in Fedora12 (or mabe 13) has the PPS argument, older ones
dont, and I dont know where the break point is in your distribution.

So, you need either the patch for ldattach, or you need the older
ppsldisc (which the modified system ldattach will make mute).
So, look for the patch to ldattach, or look for ppsldisc, either
should solve your problem.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com