[LinuxPPS] Anything Happening?

Alexander Gordeev lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su
Wed Mar 31 13:15:15 CEST 2010

Hi Reg,

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 20:42:30 -0600
clemens at dwf.com wrote:

> Is anything happening with the Giometti/Gordeev changes and the
> Linux kernel?
>
> There haven't seemed to have been any updates in quite a while.

I'm currently too busy with other tasks. But I hope I'll make some noise
soon. Things to be done:
 * make kernel consumer working on 2.6.33+ with CONFIG_NO_HZ enabled
   and resubmit it to the LKML
 * push my changes in the user-space tools to the new pps-tools git
   repository
 * write a wiki page about pps-tools
 * package pps-tools for various distros (I want it in Debian at least)
   and make sure ntp is built with PPS support
 * try to convince glibc maintainers to include timepps.h to glibc,
   which I think is a proper place for it (and it will simplify
   things greatly in the long run)
 * I'd like also to have my kernel patches in the main linuxpps
   repository since Rodolfo has acked most of them so that people
   can get them easily. Or maybe point to them in the wiki.
   BTW, the main linuxpps repository is slow. Maybe moving it to a
   faster hosting (like github.com or repo.or.cz) is ok?

Any help is very much appreciated. :)

--
  Alexander