[LinuxPPS] Using linuxpps

Marc Leclerc marc_x at videotron.ca
Sun May 16 22:19:06 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have stop trying to use NTP on my device, the gps chip aint supported
and beside all this nice stuff about slowly adjusting the time is not
something important in my case as the only clock source is the gps, no
gps.... no time.

I have the LinusPPS driver compiled as part of my kernel and the module
pps-hwirq.c is loading at startup. I am wondering just how to get the
actual time adjusted now that all the blocks seems in place. The
pps_hwirq_handler calls:

   pps_event(source, &ts, PPS_CAPTUREASSERT, NULL);

Could anyone explain what that call does, if it doesn't reset the nsec
field to zero then where an how should this be done.

Regards