[LinuxPPS] RIPE NCC interface: needing help

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sat May 22 18:25:21 CEST 2010

On 2010-05-22 18:10, Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:
> The same filehandle is used both for serial communication
> and by time_pps_create().

Well,I just knew the refclock_nmea driver and it uses two device files:

>> # ls -l /dev/*ps*
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      5 2010-05-05 12:20 /dev/gps0 -> ttyS0
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      4 2010-05-05 12:31 /dev/gpspps0 -> pps0
>> crw-rw---- 1 root tty  254, 0 2010-05-05 12:31 /dev/pps0
>>
>> Or how does the driver work that you are using?

With the patch or using the latest ntpd it should use /dev/gps0 for the
NMEA data stream and /dev/gpspps0 to tap into the pps signal.

If the drievr you want to use has the same original setup (data and
pulse on one serial port) it can be changed for the LinuxPPS approach as
was done in the NMEA refclock.

Kind regards,
Udo