[LinuxPPS] two(!) broken garmin lvc's

Folkert van Heusden folkert at vanheusden.com
Mon May 24 14:53:07 CEST 2010

> > Got a garmin 18lvc and 18lvcx. Now when I start a terminal (minicom) on
> > their ttySx with 4800bps etc, I get nothing, no output. Also no pps
> > triggers. Are they broken? Or is this normal behaviour in some state and
> > can I fix them somehow?
> Are we sure we are powering them adequately?
> Are your serial ports OK?

Ok I was able to "fix" one by just unplugging it and replugging it. But
the 18lvx stays dead. Also the windows program to update firmware
doesn't detect it at all.
Maybe something is wrong with the fixed one as I don't have these files:
	/sys/devices/virtual/pps/pps0/{assert,clear}
I Do have
	belle:/usr/src/ntp-dev-4.2.5p158# cat /sys/class/pps/pps0/{assert,clear}
	0.000000000#0
	0.000000000#0
but as you can see no pulse comes in. I explicitly switched it on:
	echo -e '$PGRMC,,,,,,,,,,,,2\r\n' > /dev/gps1
Kernel is 2.6.34.
	belle:/usr/src/ntp-dev-4.2.5p158# grep PPS /boot/config-2.6.34
	# PPS support
	CONFIG_PPS=y
	# CONFIG_PPS_DEBUG is not set
	# PPS clients support
	CONFIG_PPS_CLIENT_KTIMER=m
	CONFIG_PPS_CLIENT_LDISC=y
and ldattach is running:
root     21949     1  0 14:46 ?        00:00:00 ldattach 18 /dev/ttyS1

Folkert van Heusden

--
Multitail es una herramienta flexible que permite visualizar los "log
file" y seguir la ejecución de comandos. Permite filtrar, añadir