[LinuxPPS] FW: Linux PPS with Garmin 18xLVC using 2.6.35.7 linux Kernel

folkert folkert at vanheusden.com
Mon Nov 8 16:07:50 CET 2010

> > Thank you very much Rodolfo - This definitively answers my question!
> > I will keep this in mind as I choose different hardware to work from.
> >
> > In another note, you said that using USB for PPS is wrong...I'm not familiar
> > enough with USB to understand why it can't work.
> >
> > Is it due to latencies in the signal chain or implementation differences
> > that make it non-deterministic?

Afaik is it because usb devices get polled(!) once every ms. So at best
you have a resolution of 1ms. On the other hand; as long as the pps
comes in directly, that shouldn't be a problem.

Folkert van Heusden

--
Multitail es una herramienta flexible que permite visualizar los "log
file" y seguir la ejecución de comandos. Permite filtrar, añadir