[LinuxPPS] NTPd patching

Ritter, Nicholas Nicholas.Ritter at americantv.com
Tue Oct 19 22:01:38 CEST 2010

I am setting up a new NTP server, I have compiled the 2.6.34.7 kernel
with PPS support.

 I have downloaded ntp-4.2.6p2, do I still need to apply a patch to the
NMEA driver for PPS as outlined in the Wiki?

 I was not sure what was current on the wiki in general, so I assume
ntp4.2.6p2 is ok to use. I noticed that ntp4.2.6p2 docs make mention of
a "Type 22" PPS driver, but the ntp configure script does not mention
it, and I didn't know if it was one in the same with the linuxPPS
driver.

Nick