[LinuxPPS] Fwd: Attaching PPS to kernel

Igor Plyatov plyatov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 06:11:40 CEST 2011

Hello Ralph!

> Hi Igor,
>
> Thanks again for help. Other then working out the NTP build changes, I think all is working as expected. Here's are my latest results:
>
>      remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay   offset  jitter
> *CLN1-A19        GPS_NMEA(0)      2 u  161  256  377    0.044   -0.004   0.091

Sorry, but strictly speaking, this results are not representative
because timing does not specified for measurements.

You can get nice plots if you add into the "/etc/ntp.conf" following
lines to collect statistics:
statsdir /some_directory_for_test_results/
statistics loopstats
filegen loopstats file loopstats type day enable

Then you can use following "gnuplot" commands to visualise results from
the "loopstats" file:
set xdata time
set timefmt "%s"
set format x "%H:%M"
set grid
set xlabel "Time, h:m"
set ylabel "Clock offset, s"
plot './loopstats' using 2:3 title 'GPS with PPS' with lines linecolor \
rgb "red"

Good luck and best regards!
--
Igor Plyatov