[LinuxPPS] Debugging the pps

Marc Leclerc marc-leclerc at signaturealpha.com
Tue Apr 26 21:25:16 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have moved to a new board x86 based and compiled kernel 2.6.34.7 with
pps support + line discipline. I have a gps module hooked to ttyS1 + the
pps to pin 1 DCD. We checked the pps signal with a scope and it does get
to the pin. when the kernel boots I do see the message that pps line
discipline is registered. I did create the pps device + links for ntp.
as for the gps it does work ok with ntp. problem is there is no sign of
pps at all. the /sys/class/pps is empty and there are no messages
appering in the logs (dmesg) that the pps is doing anything beside being
registered. I have also enabled debugging support but no further sign.
Also tried the patch for kernel consumer. Any clue on the steps I could
take to find what's wrong.

Regards