[LinuxPPS] bouncing primary signals in ntpq -p output, signal loss in pps0 when pps1 is attached.

Felix Joussein felix.joussein at gmx.at
Sat Feb 12 19:17:52 CET 2011

@Alex: is this a documented limitation of your work? Is there a work around?

When I use pps0 kenel consumer, and pps1 without, then with my latest
kernel configuration so far all is good, except for then I add many
peers to the ntp.conf.

But, as the ppstest utility does not work with both sources properly, I
doubt that this is related to what I experience with the ntpd application.
For me it looks like If the signal is to short, and both signal sources
are attached, then the ppsapi does not fetch them properly.

During next week I can provide you with some signal lengh data
information to let you know what's the minimum period lengh of the pulse
for the ppsapi to fetch one signal a time and for 2 signals simultaneously.

Hope, you can help me anyhow!

regards,
Felix