[LinuxPPS] LinuxPPS with GPIO on the ARM

Igor Plyatov plyatov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 07:42:44 CET 2011

Hello!

I'm novice in the LinuxPPS area. Please, help me to resolve some
questions. I'm unable to find answers on the wiki.enneenne.com .

1) Is it possible to use LinuxPPS on the ARM platform?

2) I use linux-2.6.36 kernel. Is this version modern enough for
LinuxPPS? If not, then I should use "latest code from
git://git.enneenne.com/linuxpps" GIT repository for LinuxPPS as wiki
says?

3) The "linux/Documentation/pps/pps.txt" says to make board
initialisation as shown below:

    static struct pps_source_info pps_ktimer_info = {
	    .name         = "ktimer",
	    .path         = "",
	    .mode         = PPS_CAPTUREASSERT | PPS_OFFSETASSERT | \
			    PPS_ECHOASSERT | \
			    PPS_CANWAIT | PPS_TSFMT_TSPEC,
	    .echo         = pps_ktimer_echo,
	    .owner        = THIS_MODULE,
    };

source = pps_register_source(&pps_ktimer_info,
			PPS_CAPTUREASSERT | PPS_OFFSETASSERT);

but what should I write here if I have the "AT91_PIN_PB16" GPIO as input
for PPS signal?

4) If it is not possible to use GPIO, then as I understand, it is
required to use only 8250 compatible UART? So, I have no chances to use
AT91SAM9 UART?

Best regards!
--
Igor Plyatov