[LinuxPPS] pps pps1: another kernel consumer is already bound

Felix Joussein felix.joussein at gmx.at
Wed Jan 26 10:16:02 CET 2011

Hello List,

This is the message I get, if I enable 2 pps sources in ntpd.conf with
flag3 1.:
pps pps1: another kernel consumer is already bound

Does that mean, that I can only use kernel consumer for one attached pps
source?

Apart from that, the output from ntpq -p looks suspicious: all peers,
whether they are other internet peers or pps attached sources, have the
same stereotype jitter: 7.812, and it will not change anytime.

When I remove the flag3 1 from the second source, and - to be sure,
reboot the entire machine - the ntpq -p output differs:
Jitter is different for every peer, and lower 0.500 for the internet
peers, the 2 attached pps sources are at +/- 0.001

regards,
Felix