[LinuxPPS] push sys/timepps.h into glibc ?

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Wed Jul 13 15:59:07 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 03:11:50PM +0200, Vitezslav Samel wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 09:19:09AM -0700, Hal V. Engel wrote:
> > So back to the more important question.  How is this going to be made
> > available to distro and users?
>
>   I think we should push it into glibc. Or?

Or make a pps-tools package. That's what I'm trying to do in Fedora.

The trouble with the timepps.h file is that it's not just header, it
also contains the actual code. When a new feature from the API is
implemented, all clients need to be recompiled. I think the proper way
would be to move the code to a pps library and require the clients to
use -lpps.

--
Miroslav Lichvar