[LinuxPPS] PPS SC16IS7X2

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Thu Oct 11 20:42:20 CEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 03:30:25PM +0000, Nial Peters wrote:

> The kernel is 2.6.38.8. I downloaded it from the manufacturer of the board that I am using - I guess it has been patched for the hardware. It's available here: ftp://drivers.bluechiptechnology.co.uk/RE2_Linux/ in projects/bctre2

Ok, that's why I can find it into vanilla tree.

> Ok. Would that be as simple as calling the uart_handle_dcd_change function in the same places as it is called in drivers that do support pps (e.g. the 8250.c file)?

If your device is uart compatible yes, otherwise you must implement
the code inside the uart_handle_dcd_change for your serial driver
which, in turn, calls the TTY's dcd_change.

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail: giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                          giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:  +39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:  rodolfo.giometti
Freelance ICT Italia - Consulente ICT Italia - www.consulenti-ict.it