[LinuxPPS] LinuxPPS for Raspberry Pi?

Geoff King geoff at asiasecure.com
Wed Feb 27 11:49:54 CET 2013

tlhackque,

I have just finished a build of a Raspberry Pi GPS NTP clock ...

Did you still have questions about building one, or did you find better online references? I see your email is a while back, so not sure if you've worked it all out by now.

I found a couple of good references ...

This is probably the best starting point:
    http://open.konspyre.org/blog/2012/10/18/raspberry-pi-time-server/

That article includes links to a precompiled kernel and modules with PPS GPIO ... using GPIO pin 23.

This article is also very useful:
    http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-NTP.html

There are still some tricks, but it's been a rewarding little build.

I had great success using the Adafruit Ultimate GPS v3 board for my GPS.

I also added an LCD display and a RTC module to help with startup.

Drop me an email if you have any questions. At the very least I can point you in the right direction (or away from the wrong direction).

Regards
Geoff