[LinuxPPS] LinuxPPS on Android

Kaplan, Michael A mkaplan at appcomsci.com
Wed May 21 20:17:15 CEST 2014

Hello - I was curious if anyone has experience with LinuxPPS on Android. It appears that when the kernel is built with LinuxPPS support, /dev/pps0 will exist and one can run the pps-tools to interact with it. Does anyone know if there is a way to determine what the actual PPS source for this device is? Ideally I suppose the Android GPS receiver could be a possible source, but I would want to verify this before making this claim. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike