[LinuxPPS] gpio-pps with echopin

f.hiesinger f.hiesinger at studium.fau.de
Mon Apr 13 18:36:58 CEST 2015

 Hi Folks,
 thanks for your comments. Attached the refactored version.

 1) @Jan: You suggested a new property "echo-gpios", which can be
 checked by the driver. I tried to implement but struggled with
 GPIO-request-function "of_get_gpio(...)" because its looks for a
 property called "gpios" (see
 http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/include/linux/of_gpio.h#L122). A
 change of of_gpio.h seems a bit too costly to me. As a workaround I
 implemented an additional property "echo-enable", which also removes the
 disliked #ifdefs. Any suggestions/comments for this?

 2) I want to make polarity of echopin configurable. Is there a more
 elegant way than via Device-Node properties?

 Regards,
 Frank