[LinuxPPS] Multiple device tree pps-gpio overlays?

tom burkart tom at aussec.com
Sun May 6 11:54:32 CEST 2018

Hi,
just replying to an old post (Oct 2017):

> I am trying to create two PPS devices on a Raspberry Pi 3 running
> Raspbian (Stretch). My config.txt contains:
> dtoverlay=pps-gpio,gpiopin=17
> dtoverlay=pps-gpio,gpiopin=18
> This creates only a single PPS sevice: /dev/pps0. How do I get two
> (or more) devices?

I have a running RPI with PPS on pin 18 that works quite well.
What you are doing requires a second pps-gpio.dtbo with some labels
changed so that it works as a second PPS input.

I have attached a modified dtbo file together with its source file so
you can experiment yourself.  These are untested and may need further
modifications before it works.  BTW, "dtc" is the command to convert
between the two.

Kind regards,

Tom