[LinuxPPS] pps-gpio on MIPS

tom burkart tom at aussec.com
Sun May 6 13:01:35 CEST 2018

Hi,
I am trying to get the pps-gpio module working on a MIPS based
architecture that basically runs a modified OpenWRT where the creator
of the hardware has made changes to enhance the system but they are
basically closed source (grrr) (derivative works???).

While I am experimenting with the system I don't want to modify the DT
as it basically means that I have to live without the "enhancements"
and I don't have a DT overlay system similar to the Raspberry Pi.

I have checked the source (4.4.74) and compared it with the latest
(4.16.7) and pps-gpio.c is unchanged.
In "pps-gpio-probe" there is the option of using DT as well as
(presumably) the old method (line 105...).
I have been trying to use the old method but am unable to find
documentation on how to use it.  Presumably, there would be command
line options for its activation.
I have also tried hard-coding values in pps-gpio-probe and even that
is unsuccessful.

In reality it probably means I need to choose a different hardware
platform... (sigh)

Kind regards,

Tom