[LinuxPPS] PPS echo implemantation

tom burkart tom at aussec.com
Mon Sep 10 05:36:02 CEST 2018

Hi all,
an update:

Lukas is happy to help with this project but he is quite busy.

In the meantime, I am doing some of the experimenting as well as
gathering missing bits for his patch.

I now have a running kernel on a Raspberry PI (4.14.68) with the
appropriate overlay.  At this point in time I am concentrating on
getting this to work properly.
I had been doing similar work and have now sent away to have my
circuit board redone which includes Lukas' changes.

I am also interested in all comments on the patch (especially Rodolfo's).
See below.

Quoting Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl>:

> If Rodolfo's comments on the patches are also to be considered as
> 'bugs' then yes.
> Coding style etc too.

I am not sure that I have seen these comments.  Were they posted to the list?

> I simply need to replace a dual RS232 PCIe board by one that has an
> LPT and the system is ready for testing.

Not quite that simple as we may well be on our own as far as the
parallel port implementation is concerned (I have not checked it at
all, yet).  I also have no hardware to test this.

Kind regards,

Tom Burkart
Consultant

AUSSEC Mob: 04 1768 2202 Fax: 02 9526 1230
30 Waterside Crs, Carramar NSW 2163