[LinuxPPS] PPS echo implementation

tom burkart tom at aussec.com
Sun Sep 16 05:26:21 CEST 2018

Quoting Rodolfo Giometti <giometti at enneenne.com>:

> Patches must always be against __latest__ __vanilla__ kernel. Also

I wanted to make it as simple as possible for people to try out the
patch hence I provided all the information required which included
device tree items, none of which are in the vanilla kernel.

>> +		if (of_get_property(np, "enable-pps-echo", NULL)) {
>
> I think we can safely drop property "enable-pps-echo" and
> considering the EHO functionality activated if property "echo-gpios"
> is present.

I elected to provide this functionality as I felt it conceivable that
someone might want the PPS signal but does not want or require the
ECHO functionality.

>> -		dev_err(&pdev->dev, "failed to set pin direction\n");
>> +		dev_err(&pdev->dev, "failed to set pin as input\n");
> It seems to me that this is not part of this patch but it's just a
> typo error of current driver! Please, provide a separated patch.

No problems.

Thanks a lot for all your other comments!  I will work on implementing them.

Kind regards,

Tom Burkart
Consultant

AUSSEC Mob: 04 1768 2202 Fax: 02 9526 1230
30 Waterside Crs, Carramar NSW 2163