[LinuxPPS] How to use PPS to adjust system clock time ?

Ran Shalit Ran.Shalit at comm-it.com
Sat Feb 16 09:43:33 CET 2019

> Is it that the linuxpps interface already attached the pps to the system clock ?

>No. A pps device simply attachs a timestamp to each arriving pulse then a
>userland program uses these information to precisely set system clock.

One more if I may on this issue:
Is there a way to adjust system clock (from pps) in kernel instead of doing it in userland ? How ? (I ask because I am still not sure how to do this adjustment from userland, and might find that doing it in kernel it is simpler)

Thanks,

This email has been scanned for spam and viruses by Proofpoint Essentials.