[LinuxPPS] R: PPS - Ublox NEO-M9N

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Wed Sep 13 09:18:25 CEST 2023

On 13/09/23 08:48, emanuele.pasinetti at tecnowatt.com wrote:
> I don't need to attach ttyS0, this is just a test for verify the PPS signal. I need to use "/dev/ttyACM0" if is it possible.
To do so, you have to attach the PPS signal to the DCD pin of device
/dev/ttyACM0, then use ldattach to enable the PPS line discipline for the device
/dev/ttyACM0.

However if /dev/ttyACM0 is a USB device it' is not suitable to correctly carry a
PPS signal due the USB protocol delays in transferring IRQ URBs. Let me suggest
to keep using the non USB device /dev/ttyS0 to carry the PPS signal.

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail: giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                          giometti at linux.it
Embedded Systems                     phone:  +39 349 2432127
UNIX programming                     skype:  rodolfo.giometti