[LinuxPPS] git

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at linux.it
Tue Aug 1 20:30:13 CEST 2006

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 08:22:58PM +0200, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

> Documentation of git is not that easy even though I did use cvs.

Also I used CVS in the past but now I use GIT which is _more_
powerfull. :)

> >> Just a link with a full, current patch would be usefull.
> >
> > 1) I have no time to do a patch for each kernel version.
>
> Each?

If I decide to start suppling patches I should provide a patch for you
which is different from patch needed by another guy and son on. So I
start with one patch and I risk to never stop.

I think that people may get their own patch theirself.

> > 2) Obtaining a patch with GIT is __very__ easy:
> >
> >       $ git diff master linux-vanilla > my_patch
>
> You are contradicting yourself? :-)

Are you joking? =:-o

Using _one_ command to obtain a patch against linux vanilla is not
easy? I'm puzzled... :-)

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127