[LinuxPPS] git

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 2 12:08:54 CEST 2006

Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
>>> 1) I have no time to do a patch for each kernel version.
>> Each?
>
> If I decide to start suppling patches I should provide a patch for you
> which is different from patch needed by another guy and son on. So I
> start with one patch and I risk to never stop.

I asked for one complete patch. Mo details or parts. The whole LinuxPPS
thingie.

> I think that people may get their own patch theirself.

Git appears to be less intuitive than cvs.

>>> 2) Obtaining a patch with GIT is __very__ easy:
>>>
>>>       $ git diff master linux-vanilla > my_patch
>> You are contradicting yourself? :-)
>
> Are you joking? =:-o

No.
I studied teh man pages for a while but even guessing the git server's
url is hard. A small howto, anyone? (who has git working?)

> Using _one_ command to obtain a patch against linux vanilla is not
> easy? I'm puzzled... :-)

How does the command know where your repo is?
What setup is required?