[LinuxPPS] ntpd

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 2 19:39:37 CEST 2006

Folkert van Heusden wrote:
> *) Udo: you see? gps is waaay off compared to other sources on the net and my local DCF77 receiver
>    so that is why one should use gps only for PPS

Just NMEA will always be off.
When correlated to PPS ntpd knows what time it was at the PPS.
So your  remark says very little.
Who can explain Folkert that NMEA plus PPS is not a bad practice?
Folkert did not accept the analogy of the phoned time signal.

Better check the config of your Garmin if the PPS is on. See the url of
the ntp reference driver page I sent you. It has instructions.