[LinuxPPS] new code, was comparison plots

gnu not unix gnu at wraith.sf.ca.us
Fri Jul 21 10:34:41 CEST 2006

Hi Rodolfo--

In message <20060721070838.GA495 at gundam.enneenne.com> you write:

>I've just one thing to ask you... are you testing last committed
>LinuxPPS code or not?  If not, please, download it and put it under
>test. This is important in order to show that the official code is ok.

Ok I git pulled your code tomb, rebuilt and rebooted. I also wiped
the RRD file as well. So the new code should be ticking, with a
pure plot.

>After that, if you agree, I'd like so much to add in the wiki some
>references at your plots (can you suggest to me some rilevant links?).

Sure, that is fine. Have you seen the rest of the site there, besides
the plots? There's  a lot about PC/ntp servers:

http://www.wraith.sf.ca.us/ntp/index.html

With regards to the linux kernel...
The "lwn" site has a comment about the changes being done to code
with regard to time drivers and structures in "Looking forward to 2.6.18."

http://lwn.net/Articles/189547/

Hm. We live in Interesting Times.

../Steven