[LinuxPPS] linux sub-microsecond time code, was Re: new code

gnu not unix gnu at wraith.sf.ca.us
Sat Jul 22 21:06:24 CEST 2006

In message <200607211954.k6LJs21K004416 at ring.wraith.sf.ca.us> you write:

>>Would they require a recompile to be active? (new functions, headers, etc)

>When the kernel "fills in the blanks" in the structures, rather
>than having zeros in the smallest bits, there should now be
>meaningful resolution. I believe that existing ntpd code should
>"just work" (I'm an optomist heh).

Well, of course it won't just work (crossed eyes).

Looking at the patch (2.6.18-rc2), there is a do_getnstimeofday, which
seems to have nanoseconds.

As a test, I think I will try this with the shm driver, since
it should be easy to convert to this new system call.

Its now about 100f outside... And there's no air conditioning here.

../Steven