[LinuxPPS] Need help with initial sync off of GPS

Jon Schewe jon.schewe at honeywell.com
Thu Nov 16 18:06:58 CET 2006

I'm working with a system without network access, but it has a GPS with
NMEA and PPS enabled.  I've got linuxpps setup on the system and if the
system time is close to the GPS, then ntp works just fine.  However if
the system clock is off by alot, so 24 hours, then ntp won't sync.  I've
tried adding the -g option to ntp and at least ntp doesn't exit, but the
reachability stays at 0.  As soon as I set the time to close to the correct time,
the reachability goes up.  Does anyone have any ideas on this?