[LinuxPPS] timepps.h (again)

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 1 18:01:51 CEST 2007

Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 04:42:51PM +0100, Paul wrote:
>> So to use (say) the atom patch, we need to patch (in the wiki) and then
>> configure in a similar way to the nmea patch (not in the wiki) disabling
>> all clocks and enabling the atom clock?
>
> I don't know the answer (maybe Udo can help you), but I take this note
> to say that a good thing TODO is providing a "global" patch for all
> refclocks against current ntpd version. :)

We only have 4 patches at
http://wiki.enneenne.com/index.php/LinuxPPS_support#NTPD_support ?
It is not hard to do but one needs gear to test with, etc.
Send me a GPS unit with an existing ntpd drievr and I will (try to) make
a patch. :-)

> Then we should modify the wiki and write how to compile ntpd for all
> refclocks in just one pass.

It will still be 'complicated' because one must compile source code,
modify `configure` statements etc.